+ What is coaching? Will it hurt?
At the most basic level, coaching is a conversation between you and your coach. However, it is a much more complex conversation than you might have with a co-worker, a mentor or a friend. This conversation is all about you! Whilst personal growth can be emotional, coaching will not hurt, in fact, coaching psychology usually helps people grow from normal levels of functioning to high performance.
The coaching process is collaborative and goal-directed, meaning you and your coach work together to set goals that are motivating and important to you. As your coach, I can help you along the way by:
- Uncovering your strengths, purpose & intrinsic motivation
- Challenging any cognitions that are holding you back or keeping you stuck
- Introducing you to new perspectives, ideas and techniques
- Keeping you accountable to your action plans
+ I'm not 100% sure if coaching is right for me.
Investing in your personal and professional development can be difficult to commit to. However, if you take take the leap, coaching can help you develop and grow in so many ways. Here are some of the most common coaching goals I work with clients to achieve:
- Career change or transition
- Public speaking anxiety
- Leadership confidence and presence
- Dealing with difficult people
- Increase work and life balance
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Transitioning back into the workforce after an extended period of leave
- Enhance meaning and purpose in life
- Career planning and strategy
- Interview skills and resume writing
+ Will my coach know all the answers to make my career and life awesome?
No coach will be able to tell you all the answers, and if they promise they can, then run away from the sleazy salesperson!
Coaching is not about telling you what you ‘should’ be doing. Instead, I believe my clients are the experts in their own life, and as a coach, it is my job to help you uncover the answers for yourself. As a coach my job is to:
- Ask the right questions to help you find the best solution for you
- Facilitate the process of change
- Introduce you to a different way of thinking
- Keep you accountable to your action plans
- Create a reflective space where you feel supported and confident to achieve your goals
+ Help! I'm not sure what coaching package will best suit me.
We have a number of packages to suit most common coaching goals.
When selecting a package remember that leadership transformation or career transition will not occur after one or two sessions. Coaching takes time, so the longer the coaching engagement, the greater the ability to make substantial behavioural change.
If you want to discuss coaching packages please get in contact.
+ What will my coach expect of me?
Coaching is not always easy, it requires you to participate with honesty and authenticity. You will get the most out of your coaching experience if you:
- Have a genuine intent to change and are ready to work at creating change
- Are ready to receive, accept and act on feedback
- Are honest and forthright in discussions
- Complete any between-sessions action learning tasks
- Let me know immediately if coaching is not working for you
+ Where do we meet?
I work with clients in different locations across Sydney and Wollongong.
For leadership coaching clients, coaching sessions are usually held in a meeting room at your office. For career coaching clients, who might not want their employer to know they are seeking career transition assistance, we can meet in a nearby cafe that you feel comfortable in.
Alternatively, I hold coaching sessions over the phone or via video conferencing.
+ I don’t live anywhere near Sydney or Wollongong, I guess I miss out.
With the help of technology I can work with people across Australia. Video conferencing tools have made coaching very accessible and flexible.
+ I've purchased a coaching package, eeeek! Now what?
Once I receive notification of your purchase I will call you to discuss what it is you want to get out of coaching, arrange a suitable location or preference for face to face/phone/skype, and lock in a time to start you on your coaching journey.
+ What else do I need to know?
Here are a few more things you may need to know about our coaching packages:
- Coaching packages must be used within 12 months from the time of payment
- Sessions can be cancelled but require a minimum of 24 hours notice
- Hours of coaching can be used in any configuration
- Optional additional psychometric tools charged at cost